We are an in network provider for: Vision Service Plan (VSP), Guardian and Medical Eye Services (MES).We are happy to submit any out of network claims.

Many Medical Insurance plans also have vision benefits.  This can be a very confusing issue and we are happy to research what your benefits are.  We will need your Social Security number, date of birth and employer information. It is important to determine what your benefits are before your exam.  

Dr. Middleton is on many medical (PPO) insurance panels and this allows us to bill major medical insurances for your office visits.  Please provide any medical insurance information prior to your office visit to help reduce the cost of your office visit. We also need the name of your primary care provider so that we can send reports and make referrals.

Dr. Middleton is a MediCare provider.  MediCare Part B provides for doctor visits and various forms of testing and treatments.  It generally pays 80% of the Medicare allowed charges. It also covers most referrals to specialists.  Cataract surgery, retinal and glaucoma treatments are among the covered services. The patient is responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost unless they have a supplemental MediCare insurance.  The refraction portion (vision testing) of a visit is not a MediCare covered service and the patient is responsible for that charge.

If you are unsure of your coverage please do not hesitate to call our office at 707-571-2020 or send us an e-mail.  Please be prepared to provide us with your ID number and/or Social Security Number so that we can do the necessary research and provide you with accurate and up to date information.